Thursday, September 11, 2008

My first experience clubbing! Hahaha...

The other night I didn't really do anything interesting...just helped Alistair do a survey, which was actually an interesting interview on work and life and such. Haha.

But then, man, I had SOOO much fun last night!! Started out skipping class haha because it was the first lecture again. I may not even be taking that class though…hopefully not, it’s Victorian literature, which I haate but would have to take in order to get 30 ETCS units. In any case, I went to campus to meet Erin (while I was waiting, Zach called me! That was pretty cool since it was my Irish number), and from there we went to dinner in city centre (walked there in the pouring rain…it was like, sunny when we came back of course) at this adorable cafĂ© that was REALLY good. Cajun chicken chiabatta sandwich with potato wedges. It was a little expensive, but they gave you a lot for you buck. PLUS, then we each had Bailey’s cheesecake which was AMAAAAZING!! There was chocolate drizzled on it, but I really didn’t care, and it was quite orgasmic.

Afterwards, we walked back to Corrib Village, and I borrowed Erin’s internet briefly while she got ready. We were going to go to the party with her roommates, but her roommates ended up going to another apartment and the girls there weren’t ready, and Erin didn’t want to be super late (neither did I) so we left on our own. We walked to Eyre Square (again, a light drizzle on the way there), and wandered a bit trying to find the Skeffington Hotel. But we found it, and the place was crazy! Very loud, and very crowded. It was open like a regular night plus there was an international corner, but there were just tons of people. We both got a pint of Bulmer’s and then attempted to mingle awkwardly, but that didn’t work out too well. Saw a few people we knew but ended up talking together until my housemate, Alistair came.

Then we talked together for awhile and then people came to us! Haha, I was like, fuck mingling, I stand still and people come to me! Talked to some acquaintances I knew and met a few new ones, which was nice.

People were passing out free passes to this club down the street called Karma, and I didn’t really want to go because I was tired and my feet hurt. But Erin and Alistair wanted to go, and I mean, it was free, so we went. FYI, it was my first actual clubbing experience ever! Haha, mainly just because I've never thought it was worth it to have to pay to go to a hot, sweaty place to dance when I can just dance to songs I'm guaranteed to like in my own home, but whatever. Had to check my coat, but hung onto my purse since it was 1.50 euros per item.

Then went into the club, which was of course, very loud, crowded, hot, and sweaty…but we found some people we knew and danced with them. The DJ was good (the one in the Skeffington was better, but this guy wasn’t bad at all) and there were a lot of great songs played. We danced for a good hour (it felt like longer though because my feet were by that point REALLY killing me, but I was having a good time and loving the music and dancing…although I did feel very restricted dancing with my purse and crowded into corners and such) and it was quite fun. Erin got seriously hit on by this one guy, and she had to take him aside and show him the ring and say she was engaged. He was nice and understood. Man, she got stares everywhere she went though, she is so beautiful!! But anyway, it was quite fun to dance since no one was dancing at the Skeffinton and he was playing great music, so I was quite happy. Sexyback, When I Grow Up, Mr. Brightside, All The Small Things…much more American music than I thought, but it was good.

Then at about 1:20AM, we decided to had home and we all shared a cab. I’m glad Erin got a cab because Corrib Village is really dark and kind of creepy. Alistair was nice enough to grab most of the cab fee for me, which was sweet, and so were able to walk right in. It was nice to bond with him tonight and he is soo nice! All the people I met were though. Met a really cool guy named Josh who has a farm with horses (he’s been riding since he was 4!), loves writing, is an English lit major, and loves plays! I was like, oh my God, awwwesome hahaha. Met someone from South Korea which was new, met Erick and Marisol’s other Mexican friends who are very nice, and Wendelein’s other friends as well. Good thing Alistair came, he was the only Irish person I met all night! Haha, oh not true, the guy who was hitting on Erin was Irish, but I don’t really count him.

All in all though, it was a great day and night and except for the fact that my feet are KILLING me, I couldn’t be happier. I love it here and making so many friends even though I haven’t even started joining clubs and societies yet! Craziness. Once the internet gets to my house, I will be the happiest freaking person on the planet!! :) At least I have free wireless on campus now, which I am now using, woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAAAAN please tell me yur not turning into a valley girl writer...cuz wow... that's like all I could like think of. But it sounds like AMAZING!!!
hahaha