Oooh man, I have a lot to update! Sorry I haven't updated all week, I've been crazy busy. So sadly, some of these will suffer some minute details, but I'll just get the gist across of what's been going on this week.
Monday:
Nothing special. Went to lunch with Alistair and Josh and it was way overpriced. Buut whatever.
Tuesday:
Clubs day! Went and checked out the Equestrian club. The president was once again useless, but I paid 2 Euros and signed up for the mailing list. Hopefully more will be explained at the meeting this week?
Then went into town and bought some alcohol for the night's festivities. But since I had forgotten my backpack I had to get something small haha so I bought a small bottle of Bailey's. Mmm.
That night, Kat, Erin, and Josh came over, and along with me and Alistair, we watched Mean Girls and enjoyed drinking and talking in my room. Mary was generally fine with it - she told us to quiet down once and got worried because she thought Josh was throwing up...but he wasn't so yaay. It was a very fun night! And definitely cheaper than going out, phew! We had intended to go out to the Cellar, but never made it haha.
Wednesday:
Societies Day! Went and signed up for WAY too many societies. But lots of them have really cool trips and events and such...so I figured even if I don't go to meetings I can still go to those! Signed up for ALIVE Volunteer group, Photography, Marine Club, Music club, Musical club, Choir, Traditional Music society...I think that's it, but I'm excited!
This is the day my power chord decided to stop functioning. I flipped out. But luckily, I went into town and bought a new one the same day, problem solved! Also had lunch with Josh at Riordans MMM more Bailey's cheesecake!
That night we went ooout! Went to this I.S.S. (International Student Society) "Dress as your country's stereotype party"[I wore lots of eye makeup and a low cut shirt - I'm a waitress who wants to be an actress auditioning for a director!! Hahaha.] at Mixer's bar, which was sufficiently awkward but fun. I bought a giant Bulmer's bottle haha, it was fun. At the end of the night at the bar, the DJ played some good dance tunes so we danced it up a bit. Then we met up with Alistair and he pulled us and made us run down the street haha and we went to Club Karma again. Alistair introduced us to all of his Irish friends (he was very excited - "These are my American friends!!") but we lost them once inside and Josh and I just danced by ourselves haha but it was quite fun. Except that it was super crowded and drunken people who were being tacky and making out on the dance floor continuously fell into me. Ick. But otherwise, quite fun - also met up with Wendelien and her friends, and so at the end of the night we moved upstairs to dance (less crowded by the bar) with them. Very fun night overall!
Thursday:
Went out to a play (part of the Arts in Action program) by Martin McDonagh, who I LOVE. I read a play of his in my Contemporary Drama class called The Pillowman. It was horrendously violent and twisted and dark, but I still loved the way it was written. So I was pretty excited to see this play, The Cripple of Inaashman (sp?). Met up with Josh and we sat together and the play was AMAAAAZING!! Incredibly well written, great actors, neat set...it was SO good. It was also much happier than The Pillowman. Still quite dark, but I laughed out loud quite a few times and the ending was somewhat happy but with a dark twist. Brilliant!
Afterwards, met up with Erin and her newly met friends, who turned out to be mostly people I knew, and we went and got dessert crepes! MMM yummy! We then stood in a circle and talked for an hour or 2. Pretty fun stuff. Shared a taxi home so that was nice not to have to pay as much.
Friday:
Went to class. Checked out a giant book from the library for my seminar so that I actually could do the reading yaay. Afterwards came home and relaxed, it was nice to have the night off.
Saturday:
Relaxed all day, talked to Mom and Dad. Developed a sore throat though in the afternoon :( Then went to Italian dinner with Josh. While the company was great, I ordered the pesto and ended up having an allergic reaction to it. Luckily I realized soon enough that the reaction wasn't *too* bad. Still not pleasant though, but I was able to stay at the restaurant, swap out my dinner for something else (I was still hungry!) and walk home by myself in the rain (BLEH that was unpleasant). So when I got home I was fairly miserable, being all wet, cold, sick, and having a rash all over my body. Took some Benadryll and passed out for 11 hours. It was lovely.
Sunday:
Woke up, sadly still with a sore throat :( It's been with me all day waah. Luckily I've really just stayed in bed all day doing nothing. Also took a bath so that was good. I'm going to sleep now (not too early, but not *too* late) and hopefully I will wake up better! I hope so at least...
So in a nutshell, that was my week! I look forward to another busy week! Mom and Dad will be here next weekend! Craziness!
As usual, loving it. Yesterday was the first day of rain in like 5 days so that was nice. They're predicting rain all week though. Bleh. But I can't complain, I'm in Ireland and still loving it!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment