Friday, September 19, 2008

First foray into Asian cuisine in Ireland...

Yesterday was unventful...I registered for lectures and went to class. Today I had a bit of a time finding the Garda Immigration place...it took 45 minutes to walk there, and then I got lost because the directions are terrible and the place was totally not marked!! I had to call Josh because it is right across from his apartments, and he took me right to the building thankfully. We decided to have lunch so I said I would call him after I was done. I waited a little bit, gave the guy all of my documentation, and then when I went to pay the exorbitant fee of 150 Euros with my credit card, they didn't take American Express! ARG. I had it in my mind last night to grab my other card but I TOTALLY forgot. And he was like, well you'll just have to come back again...which I was so NOT looking forward to...but when I told Josh afterwards, he was SO sweet and paid with his credit card! I'll have to pay him back of course, but that is infinitely better than having to walk all the way down there again!

Then we went out to lunch and attempted Asian cuisine in Ireland which was...interesting. We went to this place called Ming Garden which is up a few flights of stairs in this building, and when we got there there was NO ONE there. Freaky. The food was completely overpriced...my chicken chow mein was okay, but not great...no flavor, not a lot of food, and bell peppers?! Josh got the lunch special which is a good deal...you get an appetizer, chicken/beef with a few choices of sauce, fried rice, fries (?!), and tea/coffee. Strange combo...but good deal.

I've been hanging out on the internet in the library since just catching up on things. Going out tonight with Kat and Josh...should be fun! Off to go home and eat dinner and change woohoo.

Oh! Some more pictures!

Galway pictures Part 2

No comments: