I've had a WONDERFUL weekend, capped off by the wonderful early arrival of my internet!! I wasn't sure if the router had been delivered...I knew something had been delivered on Friday, and Mary said her son picked up the box and may bring it by...well he brought it buy today YAY and I installed it, and lo and behold, the internet worked! Shocking but I don't CARE, it WORKS!!! I'm ecstatic to say the least!
Working backwards, today was lazy, spent most of it talking to Jason which was nice. Yesterday was a lazy day as well, to recover from Friday night haha.
Friday night was SO much fun. Went out with Josh and Kat, and we went to Quey's pub first, and enjoyed 2 pints there. Oh, and Kat also got spoken to by a creepy man whose opening line after he found out that she was American was, "Oh! Have you seen Silence of the Lambs??" Hahaha. Anyway, I had a pint of Bulmer's and a pint of Smithwick's, which I did actually like (I can't believe I actually like a beer!). We were sitting right behind the band, which played covers of American songs...they're big on Dire Straights and Tom Petty I've noticed. They were good though, and we sat there and talked and listened to awhile before we moved on.
Then we went to The Cellar, which was a more upscale like bar. I got this drink called a Woo Woo, hahaha, which was quite good. It was vodka, cranberry juice, Triple Sec, and Peach Snapps. Kat and Josh each had Long Island Iced Teas, and we sat there for the drinks and then went to go hit the clubs.
Well, after we spent some time collecting stamps (they have these stampers that stand outside and when you have a stamp you get in for free), we went to Club Cuba, which Kat had said was fun. However, when we got there, there was no one there! On either of the two floors! Disgruntled, we moved on to Club L.A., where we also found only 3-4 people! We were shocked, appalled, confused, and sad to say the least. So we decided that clearly, the clubs weren't happening, so we went back to a pub called Tis Coli and had our last drinks. They had Gin and Tonics and I had some Bailey's on the rocks, mmmm. And then we headed home and Kat and I shared a taxi. Now, it doesn't sound like we did too much, but it was really quite enjoyable to talk with them and enjoy the drinks and the company, and it was definitely the most "going out" I have done since I've been here, haha. Can't wait to do some more! Well...I can't, but my wallet probably can, oooy things are expensive. But that's okay...the experience is worth it right?
Some pictures of the night:
Galway Adventures
It was quite enjoyable, and this weekend has been lovely...not a lot of rain, though it is rather cold tonight. Oh well, I don't care because I have internet!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY! No more hauling my laptop to class and spending hours in the library and on weekends finding somewhere quiet and awkward to Skype. NO MORE! Happiness in my own home :) Haha, and as Zach said:
"Nothing like giving crack back to an addict..."
Teehee!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment